A couple of weeks ago we talked about the best type of ice for your business. Hopefully from that blog you were able to determine which type of ice best suited your situation. This week we shift our focus onto determining how much ice you will need and whether you should purchase an undercounter or a modular ice machine. For reference, we'll be following this flow chart.
Believe it or not, the amount of ice required varies depending on the type of business you’re operating. Here are some general estimates per day:
- Restaurants — 1.7 lbs per guest
- Fast Food — 0.9 lbs per guest
- Cocktail Lounge — 3 lbs per guest
- Health Care — 7 lbs per room + 2 lbs per employee
- Hotels — 3 lbs per room, more if guests are allowed to fill their own buckets