Atlantic Metalworks GI-14 -14 lb 7 gpm Grease Trap Interceptor
Fats, oils, and greases can adversely affect your local sewage treatment facility. Have too much in the sewage and you can have a catastrophe on your hands. One piece of equipment that has been developed to prevent such a disaster is the grease trap. The grease trap functions as a mediator between a restaurant’s sewage line and the main sewage line, collecting excess grease and preventing it from entering the main sewage line. Atlantic Metalworks’s GI-14 (formerly Prima Supply) is made from durable carbon steel and has an overall capacity of 14 lbs and can process around 7 gallons per minute. The GI-14 has been PDI (Plumbing and Drainage Institute) certified and comes with a one year warranty against defects in material and/or workmanship from the time of purchase. This 14 lb grease trap is perfect for restaurants and kitchens needing something smaller, but also wanting to remain cost effective at the same time.
- Capacity: 14 lbs.
- Gallons Per Minute: 7.
- Inlet/Outlet Connections: 2".
- Includes an Air Intake and Flow Control.
- Both ends accept no-hub adapters for steel or plastic, t-vent pipe included.
- Features no-skid cover w/ locking device.
- Carbon steel construction.
- Includes removable baffle.
- PDI Certified.
- Equipment guaranteed against defects in material and/or workmanship for a period of one year from the date of purchase.
- For more information on grease trap history and function, check out this Blog Post: Grease Trap 101: History.
- To download a cleaning log for your regular grease trap maintenance, click here: Grease Trap Cleaning Log.
*Image is a representation. Actual product may vary based on model, size, and options selected.
These Atlantic Metalworks grease traps are designed to be installed inside and above ground. Most people do put them right under the sink and out of the way. Just be sure to check with a local plumber or the health department to make sure you are getting a size that meets the local requirements.