Vulcan 36IRB - 36" Infrared Salamander Broiler
Heat is the name of the game.
A good salamander broiler is like the Swiss Army knife of kitchen equipment. Whether it’s crisping gratins, melting cheese on a burger, or toasting sweet creme brulee, an over-fired broiler like the Vulcan 36IRB works well for turning out a wide variety of dishes.
With the 36IRB, heat is the name of the game. Its infrared technology provides ample cooking power and is particularly suited for over-fired broiling. With two 15,000 BTU/hr burners, this “sally” broiler has fast startup times and keeps the heat cranked even in your busiest hours. That doesn’t mean it’s a brute, though; each burner has a temperature adjustment knob, so you’re in control at all times. Unleash the 36IRB at full throttle or take it for a pleasant spin at low heat.
While it’s designed to be mounted above your Vulcan range, the 36IRB can also be used on the countertop or mounted to the wall. This makes it a flexible tool that can also be used in place of other cooking equipment if you’re in a pinch.
Life in a kitchen is varied; the task at hand changes by the minute. That’s why it’s a good idea to have a good salamander broiler like Vulcan’s 36IRB nearby. Like a Swiss Army knife, it’s versatile, dependable, and can help you out in almost any situation.
In a hurry? Check out these key benefits:
- Two 15,000 BTU/hr burners for a total 30,000 BTU/hr input
- Precision Control - Temperature control allows for individual burner adjustment
- Designed for mounting to Vulcan Ranges
- Front, top, and sides are stainless steel
- Removable full width spillage pan, chrome plated heavy duty broiling carriage
- One year limited parts and labor
Note: This unit is only for commercial kitchens and cannot be used in a residential kitchen
- Infrared technology provides fast, high heat and is suited for over-fired broiling
- Two 15,000 BTU/hr ceramic burners - 30,000 BTU/hr total input
- Cool-to-the-touch knob on lever for positive positioning of the broiling carriage
- Stainless steel front, top and sides
- Dual heat controls for dish-specific zone cooking
- Heavy duty chrome plated broiling grid measures 27 1/2"w x 13"d
- Standing pilot ignition system
- Removable full width spillage pan
- 3/4" top gas connection and gas pressure regulator
- One year limited parts and labor warranty
Specify altitude when above 3,999 ft.
*Casters are not available on ranges purchased with salamander broilers
*Mounting of salamander requires purchase of correct reinforced riser or reinforced shelf
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||36" x 19" x 17 5/8"|
|Approx. Ship Weight||180 lbs|
|Burner BTU/hr Input||15,000 ea.|
|No. of Burners||2|
|Total BTU/hr input||30,000|
|Gas connection||3/4" NPT|