Check Your Order for Damage in 3 Simple Steps
Here's why you need to check for damage:
- 1 Don't sign until you inspect your order
- 2 If you see damage, do not sign for it
- 3 Give us a call so that we can help (888) 810-5043
Some pointers for inspecting your order for damage before signing:
- Do not be rushed into signing for your delivery before you thoroughly inspect it. We will not be able to replace the item or issue any sort of refund for the damages if you don’t note anything on the receipt but find damage later. The most you can do if you do find concealed damage after you've signed is file a claim with the freight carrier. Sometimes carriers will reimburse you, but it's going to take several phone calls and lots of follow up and even then nothing is guaranteed. In order for us to assist with damaged items, the damage must be noted before signing for the item.
- Not all freight damage is visible from the outside of the packaging, so please open your order before you sign. You should be looking for visible, external damage such as dents or scratches on the products. Some carriers may say you need a reasonable cause to open up the package. If that's the case, then you simply need to find anything wrong with the outside packaging in order to open it up and inspect the actual items.
- When you sign for the unit you've ordered, it's legally yours based on what the receipt says. If there aren't any notes written on the receipt, then the order is viewed as being complete and in perfect condition, even if it was damaged or pieces went missing in transit. Check out our complete shipping policy for more info.
Like this post? Then Subscribe to the Prima Supply blog by Email and get slick information delivered right to your inbox. No web surfing required.