Atlantic Metalworks GI-20 - 20 lb 10 gpm Grease Trap Interceptor
The GI-20 grease trap from Atlantic Metalworks is a carbon steel grease interceptor certified by the Plumbing and Drainage Institute and capable of handling a drain flow of 10 gallons per minute. With a holding capacity of 20 lbs, the GI-20 is a good fit for many two compartment sinks; but, since multiple factors affect sizing, your local health & plumbing requirements will be the final rule. Hydromechanical grease interceptors like the GI-20 depend on a simple yet effective baffle system that enlists agitation and Bernoulli's principle to separate fats and oils out of the water and lift them to holding area. This keeps excess grease in your waste water from washing into your drainage pipes where it can clog your system and cause expensive plumbing issues. Speaking of guarding against expense, Atlantic Metalworks grease traps fit the two rules of thrift: 1) Don't pay too much 2) Buy something solid. Constructed of heavy carbon steel, these traps are anything but flimsy and their corrosion-resistant enamel coating helps guard against rust. As to price, a smart shopper like you already knows the GI-20 is one of the most affordable grease interceptors you can buy.
In a hurry? Check out these key benefits:
- Capacity: 20 lbs.
- Carbon steel construction
- Gallons Per Minute: 10.
- Inlet/Outlet Nominal Pipe Size: 2".
- Includes an Air Intake and Flow Control.
Check out these comparable grease traps from BK Resources and Ashland PolyTrap:
BK Resources 20lb Grease Trap
Carbon steel construction.Check it out Alternative Models
Ashland PolyTrap 20lb Grease Trap
Manufactured with specially chosen compound materials to prevent rust and corrosion.Check it out Alternative Models
- Both ends accept no-hub adapters for steel or plastic, t-vent pipe included.
- Features no-skid cover w/ locking device.
- Includes removable baffle.
- PDI Certified.
- Equipment guaranteed against defects in material and/or workmanship for a period of one year from the date of purchase.
- For more information on grease trap history and function, check out this Blog Post: Grease Trap 101: History.
- To download a cleaning log for your regular grease trap maintenance, click here: Grease Trap Cleaning Log.
|Gallons Per Minute||4||7||10||15||20||25||35||50|
|Nominal Pipe Size (in)||2||2||2||2||3||3||3||4|
|Width (in)||16||18||22||22 1/4||24 1/4||27 3/8||30 1/4||32 1/4|
|Depth (in)||10 1/4||13 3/8||14 3/8||15 3/4||15 3/4||18 3/8||17 7/8||22|
|Height (in)||11 1/4||12 1/8||12 1/8||13 7/8||15||16 1/2||19 3/8||21 1/2|