Returns & Exchanges
Our Return Policy
We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase from Prima. However, we understand that things don’t always work out every single time you buy a product. Experience has shown returns can be difficult and costly when an item is purchased online, so we've designed our return process to be as simple and user-friendly as possible. Many items on our site qualify for our Prima Returns Policy.
Items Qualified for Our Prima Returns Policy
- Items marked with our "Prima Returns" badge are eligible for return under our Prima Returns Policy.
- You must request an RMA within 30 days of receiving your shipment, and you must ship the item back to us within 5 business days of receiving your RMA number.
- Items must be in new condition and packaged in the original manufacturer’s packaging.
- You will receive a refund for the original purchase price as indicated on the original sales invoice, minus a 25% restocking fee.
How to Set up a Return for an Item
Our return process is arranged in three simple steps:
- Contact us to set up a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. Eligible items may be returned as outlined in our return policy details.
- Return eligible items as instructed by your customer service representative.
- Notify us when you have shipped the eligible items and include the name of the freight carrier and the tracking number of the return shipment.
Your credit will typically be issued within 5 business days from receipt of shipment for Prima Returns items that are returned to Prima’s facility.
Please note: eligible items require a Return Merchandise Authorization number to receive return credit. Items without an authorization number will not receive return credit.
Please note: we highly recommend that you purchase shipping insurance to cover the value of the item to protect against damage in transit. Units that arrive damaged will not be eligible for a refund.
Items Not Qualified for Our Prima Returns Policy
- Items not marked with our "Prima Returns" badge are governed by the manufacturer's return policy.
- We cannot guarantee that these products can be returned, so please call us before purchasing if you have any questions.
- If your item is able to be returned to the manufacturer, please allow 4-8 weeks for your return credit to be issued.
Parts Not Qualified for Our Prima Returns Policy
- Parts that are used cannot be returned.
- Parts that do not have the original manufacturer's packaging cannot be returned.
- Select electrical parts cannot be returned - please check with us when requesting an RMA. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Fan Motors (condenser or evaporator)
- Start Kits (Relays, Overloads, Start Capacitors)
- Temp Controls that require programming (once programmed these cannot be unprogrammed, and therefore cannot be returned)
- Please note that manufactuers change what they will or will not accept returns on from time to time. For items that do not ship from our warehouse we will need to check with the manufacturer before accepting a return. Each manufacturer has different return policies which supersede the terms and conditions of our return policy.
Is there a restocking fee?
- A 25% restocking fee will be deducted from the return credit for items that qualify for our Prima Returns Policy.
Why charge a restocking fee?
- The restocking fee helps us keep prices low. There are high shipping and handling costs associated with processing returns, and we don’t want to pass those costs on to every one of our customers through higher prices. By charging a restocking fee on returned items only, we’re able to provide an affordable and enjoyable shopping experience for our customers.
Who is responsible for return shipping costs?
- The customer is responsible for return shipping costs unless the wrong item was shipped.
What about damaged and incorrect items?
- If the item is damaged in-transit, please see our shipping policy for how to handle damaged products. We always encourage customers to call our office the moment damage is discovered in order to achieve the best outcome.
- We make every effort to ship out the right item the first time, but in the event that we ship out a wrong item we will take care of shipping the item back and shipping out the correct order right away.
Why can’t some items be returned?
- Special-order items are not kept in our inventory and must be purchased by Prima Supply specifically for an individual customer’s order. Given the economic impact of returning non-inventory items to stock, we do not permit returns of special-order items.
- Used items and items that do not have the original manufacturer packaging may not be returned as they cannot be resold as new at full price.
- Local and Federal regulations make returns on certain items very difficult. For that reason some items may not be returnable.
Can I talk to someone about the return requirements and returnability of an item?
- Absolutely! We would love to talk to you about products, returns, or any unique situation you find yourself in. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (888) 810-5043 or email@example.com
Can I cancel an order?
- To cancel an order, please call our customer service team at (888) 810-5043. One of our customer service representatives will work with you to cancel your order.
- Orders may not be canceled by email, voicemail, or the website contact form.
- Please note: any order may be canceled before we process the order for fulfillment (i.e. before we setup the shipment or send the order to a partner for production and/or shipment). Cancellation requests made after the order is processed will be handled the same way as a return and will be governed by the indicated return policy on the product listing.
We hope this makes all the details of returning an item crystal clear. If you do have any questions about this return policy, you can contact us one of the following ways:
- (888) 810-5043
- Prima Supply
- 4603 Poplar Level Rd
- Louisville, KY 40213